Sunday 12 June 2016

The road to Wembley from Scotland by Chris Donkin

Hi everyone

My name is Chris Donkin, a 58 year old man living in Penicuik Midlothian. I am about to embark on a 10 month project that will take me from a football ground close to the Scottish border on Saturday the 6th August 2016 to Wembley Stadium in May 2017.

The idea is quite simple. Once the draw for the Extra Preliminary round of the FA Cup is made I will establish which of these ties will be staged closest to the Scotland / England border. I will attend that match and I will then follow the winner into the Preliminary round. The winners of that match will then be followed into the first qualifying round ... and so on ... and so on - until I end up at the FA Cup final next May. Had I been 'on the road' in season 15-16 I would have started at Penrith v Jarrow Roofing in August 2015 and ended up watching Manchester United beat Crystal Palace last month. For each match I will be trying to find a Scottish link and reporting not just on the match but the circumstances surrounding the tie.

It promises to be an exciting and interesting project. Please join me on this journey of a lifetime !


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this Alan .... and yes ... I will also be going to all replays ! ... Chris

    ReplyDelete